Isaac will often talk to "himself" in our presence (in a mumbling voice just loud enough for us to hear). These conversations always center around something he wants or wants to do. Here is today's conversation within earshot of Paul:
Isaac: I really want to play the iPad. I don't know if I should ask if I can play the iPad. I'd really like to play a game on it... {and this continues for a while before one of us quits ignoring him and responds}
Paul: You are not going to play on the iPad.
Isaac: I probably should ask Mom since the iPad is hers. {I was tickled to hear the end of this exchange.}
On the way home from school:
Me: What did you do in PE today?
I: We played three games.
C: I knew that.
I: How did you know?
C: Jesus told me.
I: Jesus really told you?!?
C: Yeah, he told me on my tongue.
The following bathroom conversations are a bit more on the embarrassing side but still funny so we will share. Feel free to skip if you are the squeamish type.
Isaac: I really want to play the iPad. I don't know if I should ask if I can play the iPad. I'd really like to play a game on it... {and this continues for a while before one of us quits ignoring him and responds}
Paul: You are not going to play on the iPad.
Isaac: I probably should ask Mom since the iPad is hers. {I was tickled to hear the end of this exchange.}
On the way home from school:
Me: What did you do in PE today?
I: We played three games.
C: I knew that.
I: How did you know?
C: Jesus told me.
I: Jesus really told you?!?
C: Yeah, he told me on my tongue.
The following bathroom conversations are a bit more on the embarrassing side but still funny so we will share. Feel free to skip if you are the squeamish type.
Caleb is at the age where is asking a lot of questions about male/female anatomy:
C: Why don't girls stand up to pee? {He had seen his girl cousin going to the bathroom.}
Me: Boys have a penis and girls have a vagina. {Yep, we use the actual terms in this house.}
C: Vagina?!? Ohhhhh, is that Spanish for penis? {Can you see the light bulb going on over his head?}
Another interesting conversation after Isaac got out of the bathtub and was complaining that it was hard to pull the legs of his PJ's on because his legs were "sticky" (slightly wet):
Me: Make sure you dry all the nooks and crannies.
Isaac: What's a cranny? {pause while I helped him dry his nether-regions} Another name for your penis?
1 comment:
Just what I needed before going to bed! We don't have such funny conversations yet, but I can only imagine what Jacob will say. My favorite was Caleb's Spanish question...I literally laughed out loud several times through your post!
Post a Comment