Sunday, January 22, 2012

Fun with Gma B

We have been enjoying Grandma B's visit. The boys got to open their Christmas presents from her the first day she was here. They have already enjoyed doing puzzles (both new ones and old ones) with her.
Cars Puzzles!!!
One of the gifts they got from her was a wooden race car. One that you get to glue all the pieces together, let it dry and then paint.  The best gift to me was that she brought it with her so she worked on this project with them. (Big smiley face from me!!!!)  It was fun listening to her explaining what they had to do next and then watching them pull things off and put them back on. Oh, the patience she had was unbelievable! I am not sure these little race cars would have gotten finished if I was in charge of making it happen.
Reading and double-checking the directions
Extreme concentration for painting
Ditto the above caption
The final product
And the boys created robots out of some random boxes lying around. They decided they should paint them--especially since there was some paint left over from painting the race cars. We used an old shower curtain as our drop cloth (which worked fabulously--so glad I saved it for this...and then actually used it), and the boys went to town...

Yeah, Mom and I are caught on camera chowing on chips...
...for a little while at least. I am seeing a few more afternoons of outside painting in order to finish these robots.

1 comment:

Jill said...

LOVE all of the pictures! And I really love that you got the most classic of all--eating chips together. That has to be one of the top Dekkers family favorite snack. :)