Thursday, May 26, 2011

Romeo...

I wish I was a fly on the wall when Isaac is at preschool or other places. He must be a totally different person. For example when I picked him up from the preschool part of the childcare after Bible study this week, the first words out of Miss Jackie's mouth were, "Your son is quite the little Romeo." She proceeded to explain that a couple of the little girls insist on sitting by him and nearly fight to get the seat by him. She also warned me that we would be "chasing the girls away from him" in the future.

Backing up a little, we were a little late yesterday, and the first thing one of the workers said when I checked them in was, "Oh, Isaac, everyone will be excited that you are here. They are all waiting for you."

I admit that I am glad he gets along with others, but I definitely don't want to be dealing with romance this early in his life. I am hoping he continues being a nice young man but maybe just keeps the girls at bay for a few (many) more years!

All of these conversations with his teachers just reinforce our decision to wait a year for his starting kindergarten. He has blossomed amazingly this past year and is much more social today than he was even last summer. He still is a bit shy around adults, but he definitely shines with his peers. Tomorrow will be his last day of preschool. I can't believe that summer is almost here already!

No comments: