We are trying to teach the boys about money and managing it when they have it. Because of Christmas (and the extra money and gift cards that came as gifts) and now Valentine's Day, they have gotten lots of opportunities to practice spending their money--so that part of the lesson (how to spend it) seems to be mastered. I am not sure that they are learning how to save their money, though--especially when Isaac asks me each morning if we can go to the store that day to buy some stuff.
This week, though, they both made a couple purchases, and both of them are so proud of what they bought. Isaac purchased a stuffed animal snake while Caleb bought binoculars and some frog jacks when we were at the Safari Park. They also each found a Mario (from Super Mario Brothers and MarioKart) t-shirt at Kohl's that they had to buy. I am glad that they are happy with their new stuff--the pictures below are evidence of their joy showing off their new things. (Caleb even made me retake his pix since one of his guys was not showing clearly. If you look closely, you can see that he is holding the frogs, and his binoculars are hanging off his shoulder so his shirt did not get covered by them!)
And, yes, I know that the boys need haircuts. Another day and another post, I guess!
No comments:
Post a Comment