Sunday, February 20, 2011

He's growing up...

I catch myself thinking this on a very regular basis lately when I watch Isaac do or say something that seems too old for him. I notice he is getting closer to being six years old with all the things he is able to do or think through these days. He suddenly seems so grown up.

One of his newest accomplishments is that he can snap his fingers. I think he is pretty proud of himself because he is constantly snapping. (I am not sure that he even is aware of it at times, and I am afraid that his teacher is going to have the talk with us about helping him drop the habit!) Here is a video of his snapping in action (and you can hear Caleb's "are you serious?!?" line that we have been hearing regularly these days):



The other new thing Isaac is doing is riding his bike with no training wheels. Now, I realize that a lot of kids are doing this much earlier, but our boys just love their scooters and have gravitated towards them more than bikes. Last week he finally asked Paul to take the wheels off the little bike, and he took off. The bigger challenge is pedaling and trying to keep his balance on his regular-sized bike with no training wheels, but he is doing it. He has informed me that he likes riding in the street better because there is more room than in the back yard.





I was talking to our neighbor lady while Isaac was riding on the street, and before I knew it he had ridden almost to the end of the block. As I called him back, I saw Caleb at the top of the hill by the pool starting down the hill on his scooter. Nobody crashed or left the neighborhood, but they do keep us on our toes!

No comments: