Sunday, December 5, 2010

Like father, like son

When I picked up Isaac from preschool this past week, his teacher greeted me with, "So, the other teachers and I were talking about Isaac today."

As a former teacher and now parent, that is not usually music to one's ears so I asked, "Is that good or bad?" And this is how our conversation continued from there:

Mrs. Michelle: "Oh, no, it's good. We were just saying that Isaac is quite the ladies' man." (Again not necessarily something a mother wants to hear though a dad might be proud of that one. ;-)
Me: "Oh?!?"
Mrs. Michelle: "Yeah, at recess all the girls yell for him to come and play with them. He just kinda looks at them with that 'silly girls' look on his face, ignores them and goes back to playing with the other boys."

We continued chatting for a bit, and I was reasurred that he is playing okay with others and is being nice. (I was concerned when she mentioned that he is pretty "popular" since that word conjures up images of kids with power who don't necessarily treat others very well.) Paul and I had a good laugh over this teacher chat and were thankful it was nothing too serious.

Isaac with Mrs. Michelle

We also got his first "report card" which gives a summary of Pre-K things that he can or cannot do. He was able to complete all types of things (i.e. recognizing letters, shapes, colors, etc.) except for one--he has not mastered clapping and marching in rhythm. We really laughed when we saw that since he is so surrounded by music and should have no issues with that. Oh, the things that will keep us on our toes.

Oh, the title to this post refers to Mrs. Michelle's description of Isaac at the beginning...not the marching and clapping in rhythm. (Paul has mastered that!)

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

This makes me laugh!!!