Maddie and Mackenzie spent a weekend with us while Mark and Jill got a couple days away as our thanks for the great pix Mark took of the boys around their birthdays. (Thanks, Mark, for doing such a great job--I smile every time I pass their smiling mugs hanging on our wall.) It was chaotic at times, but it was so fun to have all of them under one roof and an even number of boys and girls as well!
If you look at the date on this, you will see that I did start writing this while they were still here, but I must have been needed since I never got back to this post until more than a week later.
A few things learned:
1. Four kids really are not that much louder than two. (Notice only two kids looking quite crazy in the picture below...this was the end of the week, and they were showing how much fun they had.)
2. I do a better job of making my boys' hair look nice than two little girls with fine longer hair!!! (As you can see from the pix, that last one deserved three exclamation points since the bow from my wrapping box improved the look of Mac's hair!)
3. I'm glad the boys are old enough to feed themselves and use the toilet. I had to remind myself to check the li'l one's diaper (no worries, Mark and Jill--I don't think she got a diaper rash on my watch).
4. Have all the food on plates and drinks in cups with plenty of napkins handy before even letting the kids know that food is coming.
5. Even boys like playing with a princess or Barbie-type doll--though she turned into quite the superhero in the boys' hands.
If you look at the date on this, you will see that I did start writing this while they were still here, but I must have been needed since I never got back to this post until more than a week later.
A few things learned:
1. Four kids really are not that much louder than two. (Notice only two kids looking quite crazy in the picture below...this was the end of the week, and they were showing how much fun they had.)
4. Have all the food on plates and drinks in cups with plenty of napkins handy before even letting the kids know that food is coming.
5. Even boys like playing with a princess or Barbie-type doll--though she turned into quite the superhero in the boys' hands.
1 comment:
They had so much fun!! They're so excited to see you guys again for Christmas. We're counting down the days. Thanks SO much for dealing with the CHAOS for a whole weekend...I think we got the better end of the deal!
Post a Comment