After naps we rolled out the dough and cut out a variety of shapes--including a cowboy boot, dinosaur, and a semi-truck (none of which were Christmas-related but ones the boys wanted). Once I relaxed and did not worry about fitting as many possible cookies for each rolling-out of the dough (very, very, very hard for me to do...ask Paul), we all had fun cutting out the cookies.
Decorating our cookies
After "patiently" waiting for the cookies to cool, the boys finally went wild frosting their cookies. Each year it gets a little easier as the boys are more adept at frosting. They both got quite creative with designs and adding faces to their cutouts. I think Caleb licked nearly as much frosting off his fingers as he put on the cookies. (We made a point of separating out the cookies the boys decorated and the ones we did in case we decide to share our cookies with others.)

***After reading this entry to Isaac, he told me to be sure to tell everyone that Caleb was so excited about the cookies that he frosted his first cookie and proceeded to eat it as soon as it was frosted. He just kept nibbling on that cookie the rest of the night.
1 comment:
Yummy!! Please tell Caleb that I wouldn't have been able to wait to eat one, too, I love frosted cookies!
Post a Comment