Isaac (with his first grade class) celebrated Johnny Appleseed's birthday by dressing down and raiding Mom's pan cupboard. Isaac says that Johnny would have been 238 years old this year. He loved eating apple pie (and has been asking me to make one ever since) and watching a movie about Johnny Appleseed.
The junior high recently had Decades Day as a dress-up theme. We got the 80's since I have eighth graders as my homeroom. After spraying my hair with lots and lots and lots of hairspray and blow drying it to stand out form my head, I was reminded of how thankful I am that I do not have to fix my hair that way every day. How in the world did I make it through junior high trying to get this look every day?!? Despite all the hairspray and teasing, my hair was flat by the time school started. Go figure!
Caleb was quite silly and posed for a picture on Johnny Appleseed Day as well. He was eating breakfast when I came into the kitchen all dressed up for Decades Day. He stopped mid-chew, gave me a look that was a cross between unbelief and total horror, and asked me what I was wearing.
1 comment:
LOL!!! Danae, your 'costume' is hilarious...love your hair and the classy sunglasses!! Do you guys ever have 'normal' days at your school?!
Post a Comment