Our pumpkins are carved! The boys got to help with cleaning out the pumpkins enjoying digging out the seeds with spoons but grossing out when their hands touched the slimy innards.
Thanks to our friends Lindsey and Henry who carved Charlie Brown into a pumpkin when they were babysitting the boys, we got to be very creative with our pumpkin carving this year. Paul went online and searched for pumpkin templates with the boys. At first the boys were looking at Mario and Luigi until we mentioned Angry Birds as a possibility. Isaac chose the yellow bird for his Bate's Nut Farm pumpkin while Caleb chose the red bird.
With no fancy pumpkin carving tools, we managed to carve out the birds and are pleased with the results. Paul got to carve the yellow bird while I carved the red bird. (I think I got the easier of the two!)
I think I will try to find a pumpkin carving kit on clearance on Tuesday so we have the tools to do this again next year!
3 comments:
Wow! You guys did great! Love them.
Those are awesome!
Thanks! Found some pumpkin carving tools on super clearance so we will be carving our pumpkins more safely next year.
Post a Comment