Yesterday, we went to Sea World for the afternoon with friends to celebrate "Halloween Spooktacular."
 |
| The boys are in this picture if you look closely |
Besides all the fun decorations and interesting characters, we spent most of the afternoon trick or treating throughout the park.
 |
| Under the sea Elvis |
The boys were originally dressed up as Dr. Seuss and Superman. However, they lost the costumes within the first hour because the cape was hanging too big on Caleb while the Cat in the Hat hat was just too big for Isaac. (Isaac kept his doctor coat on all afternoon, though.) The fun thing was that they let parents get candy, too, so we adults enjoyed filling our bags with the kids.
 |
| Mini bananas were one of the treats we got |
We only made it to the "Pets Rule" show this visit, but we had a great time walking around most of the park. We took in the shark exhibit, the sea lions, an aquarium, Shamu, the starfish tank, and the barn with a variety of zoo-like animals. We had not been at Sea World for a while so it was fun to be there again.
 |
| Watching Shamu in his tank |
 |
| Argh, Matey! |
After baths the boys divided up their loot for the day. We let the boys pick their favorite ten pieces of candy to keep for themselves, and they put the rest into a group bowl for anybody to eat. (One of my friends shared this with me last year; unfortunately, I cannot remember who she was so sorry that I am not giving proper credit for this great idea!)
 |
| Separating candy |
2 comments:
Sea World - yay! Reminds me of our visit there with you in June. Fun times. And, awesome costumes, boys! Owen is going to wear a superman costume this year, too!
I love that candy idea. My sister-in-law does that with her kids, too. (I'm not saying that to take the credit for the idea, in fact I can't imagine how I would've told you that since we weren't living near each other last Halloween.)
Rach, I bet it did come from you (maybe something you mentioned while we all trick-or-treated with your little Curious George a couple years ago ;-).
Post a Comment