Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A New Chapter--Preschool

School has started up again. Paul had meetings last week, and the students joined him in class on Monday. Here is to his 13th year!

Paul, however, is not the only one heading to school this year. Isaac started preschool today. Despite some nervous visits this last spring and the last couple weeks to "prepare" him for it (we'll just say that he "hugged" the doorway and bolted as soon as we mentioned heading for the car), his first day went delightfully well.

He picked out his clothes and made sure they were washed and folded and ready for him this morning. He actually set them out already on Monday. (Thanks, Gpa & Gma N.!) He packed his backpack with his new Batman folder and a few unnecessary things (which I removed last night while he was in bed...) and was ready to go. This morning he woke up bright and early, got dressed and joined Dad for breakfast.

He decided that he wanted to go to school with Dad and ride in his car so I took his picture, gave him a hug, and waved goodbye. He was ready...climbed into his seat and waved happily back. We had it set up that one of his friends (who has been going to the preschool for a while) was waiting for him to go in to school at the same time, and she proudly showed Isaac to school and helped him very well.

Caleb and I spent the morning running errands and spending time at church. Caleb proudly pushed the mini-cart at Henry's and loaded all the produce into his cart. It was fun spending some one-on-one time with him. We picked up Isaac from school at 11:30. (The director greeted us with a big smile and the assurance that he had a great morning and never stopped smiling. She and the rest of the teachers are so wonderful!) The new preschool mom that I am had to ask where to sign him out and the procedure for picking him up and gathering his things, but we made it and headed home for lunch.
The boys made up for lost time with each other this a.m. and immediately started bugging and yelling at each other. Ahhhhhh, preschool is going to be a great chapter in Isaac's (and our) book of life!

3 comments:

Jayne said...

Oh, Isaac looks so big. I'm glad to see another update...keep em coming. :) Miss you guys LOTS!

Rebecca said...

Dear Isaac,
Congratulations on a great first day at preschool! I'm so proud of you! I really like the t-shirt you picked, too. I hope you really like all your days at school.
Smiles,
Miss Rebecca

Jill said...

Isaac, you look so old!! Glad you enjoyed your first day of preschool.