Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Ahhh, Summer...Sweet Summer!

I finally made it to church yesterday (and again today) to touch base with Athena and Dawn after my weeks away from the office. Before leaving, I told them that I felt like my head was finally "back in the game" after being removed from the normalcy of daily life. The bliss of summer sometimes means escaping the everday for a bit, and we definitely did that this past summer!!!

We had such a wonderful summer catching up with friends and family doing so many things--most of them away from home. In fact, I think we were gone as much as we were home this summer. Of the 87 days of summer vacation, we logged 50 days away from home this summer. That number makes me understand a little better why I barely feel ahead of things as far as programming for this fall in youth group and in worship!

Most of you probably know where we were, but here was our summer in a nutshell:

*Elementary basketball camp for Paul

*Vacation in Maui with a couple really great friends and NO kids!
*Paul and I each either flew the boys out to or back from the midwest to spend time with the grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins while we were in Hawaii.
*For Danae--a day at Camp Dunamis and then to Beaumont and the Hollywood Bowl for the LA Philharmonic and Vince Gill concert which ended with a fireworks show set to music.

*A couple days camping at San Clemente State Beach with friends and all the kids this time

*A few youth group activities scattered throughout the days when we were home

*One week spent driving across the country to visit family and also return home

*Three weeks with family for fun, sun, and Brian and Whitney's wedding!!!
*Back to reality--study skills class for Danae and preparing the classroom for Paul

We have so many pictures of this summer that it would greatly overwhelm the readers of this blog who are used to a scattered amount of postings throughout the year. :-) To save you all from the shock, I have included a couple teaser photos and will work on adding more in little bits.

No comments: