Sunday, December 18, 2011

Church in Action

Last Sunday we got to be part of the “church in action.” We were up for praise team to lead worship. After worship, Paul had an elders meeting to hear a profession of faith.

As soon as he was done with the meeting, Isaac and I helped deliver gifts for our church’s Project Amor. This year our church bought gifts for members of a local Spanish-speaking congregation that has a food bank ministry that our youth group helps serve with monthly. The congregation threw a posada with homemade tamales as a thanks for blessing them with Christmas gifts. It was an honor to deliver gifts and get to see the recipients of our congregation’s love. (And the tamales were a wonderful bonus!)
After tamales but before the gift distribution
I got to spend a little over an hour at home before I headed back to church to help the high school youth group with their Soup-Off! fundraiser. As the dinner was wrapping up, I headed into the sanctuary to make sure my middle school youth group was ready for the Christmas play for the children’s program.
The soup line--not sure what is so funny
Quick pause for a picture with Silva
Overall, it was a busy day but one filled with wonderful things. I was tired at the end of the night, but I would not have missed one of the activities of the day. I am glad to be a member of Crossroads church.

No comments: