In past years we have been fortunate to have costumes that have been passed down by my sister or some friends here so we have not had to be too creative when coming up with a costume.
I happened upon a website that showed a Lego brick as a costume and thought the boys would be pumped to be that since they (Isaac especially) are into Legos these days. Isaac was sold immediately, but Caleb had other plans and announced that he was going to be a bird (not sure from where he got that idea).
I was a bit concerned with how I was going to make a bird costume but thought I had it mostly figured out after about a week of wrapping my head around the idea. Caleb stuck with that idea for nearly a week and told everyone that was his plan until we told him that he would have to wear a beak and feathers to be a bird. (Actually, I specifically said, "Caleb, if I make you a beak and a feathered costume, you have to wear it. I don't want to do all that work if you are not going to put on the beak.") At that point he changed his mind and told us he was going to be a "Yego" too.
We had two boxes already so yesterday we went shopping for the two items we needed to complete their costumes--paper bowls and spray paint. I know it is not halloween yet but wanted to share our creation process and the end result (though the boys will wear sweatshirts and pants in the same color so they blend into their bricks better).
Isaac enjoyed painting part of his costume with Paul and was ready to put it on even when the paint was still sticky.
1 comment:
You guys, this is so creative and so cool! I'll have to remember this idea for Owen a few years down the road! Wish we could go trick-or-treating again with you this year!
Post a Comment