Thursday, March 20, 2008

March Madness

This is something new--I am actually posting something rather than Paul. :-) So much has happened since Paul's last posting (I am sure that some of you are thinking, "Of course it has; you guys have not put anything on here in nearly a month!") Well, we are all still here and doing well--just recovering from the basketball season that turned into quite a ride!

To let you know, Paul went back to the gym this year and was one of the assistant coaches for the varsity girls team. They had quite a season, and Paul really enjoyed being back in the coaching seat. The boys and I had a lot of fun going to games and then talking about the girls and their games (yep, even Isaac had his favorite moments--cookies from Nicole, running around on the floor during half-time and after the game, and getting to cheer on the girls especially during their free throw shooting). Anyway, our postseason ended up being a blast--the girls went further than any team before in our school's history. They made it to the "final four" in the state high school play-offs for our division which is quite a feat when you think of the size of our state. We had some exciting games and just got to keep enjoying the season as the girls kept on winning! What a rush it was! The pix above are of Paul and the team when they played the division finals at Cox Arena.
I also got to really enjoy a couple of the games since I had an extra set of hands and eyes to help with the boys. Paul's mom was visiting the week that we got into play-offs and played at Cox so it was fun for us to have her here--she got to see Paul coach in a couple games and also watch him play b-ball on his church league team which was fun for both of them.

Although Paul had to work, we had a wonderful week at home--Isaac loved playing with Gma N. and getting to go for walks (he actually ran quite a bit from what I heard) with her. He was very sad when we had to take her to the airport and he did not get to ride on the airplane with her. I did not think he understood it very well until a plane flew over us on the way home from the airport, and Isaac waved while yelling, "Hi, Grandma!"

I used to think that Caleb got his determination from me and my personality, but after watching Gma N. work with him every possible moment to get food into his mouth, I realize that some of that spirit must come from her as well! It was quite humorous watching the two of them--Caleb determined to not get food into his mouth and Gma. determined to get it in there and get him to like it. :-) She was very successful, and by the end of the week, he would actually open his mouth for more food off the spoon. At the end of each day we had to laugh at all the food on Gma's shirt and in Caleb's hair! He definitely still likes to feed himself more than having to eat off of the spoon from us! In these pix you can see that Caleb loves his green veggies!



















No comments: