Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Life gets busy!

Life just gets too busy.

Remember those days when you would roll out of bed and go watch cartoons on a Saturday morning? When you would stay up late and watch movies with friends and then sleep in till noon? When you would play all day and be completly exhausted at night? Oh, those days...

Life gets busy. It was something I knew would happen. It didn't sneak up on me one day out of the blue. It just happened. It's not even that it just got busy. It's been busy for many years! But, for some reason I feel even busier today.

It seems that a never ending collection of events is taking place. When I feel like I am on top of one thing, another pops up. It isn't that I can't handle the things life has thrown at me. I think I just want life to slow down.

Isaac is almost two and a half. WOW! One day he was being born, the next he is saying, "Bye Daddy. You going to teach the kids?" It just seems that he was rolling on the floor and now he's rolling down the street on his scooter. If we sneeze, he's the first person to say "Bless you, Mommy, or Bless you, Daddy!" He even blesses himself! :) He no longer hesitantly walks to the chuch nursery--he runs!

Caleb is four months old. He seems like he skipped the baby-baby stage altogether. He rolls around the floor and is sitting in his exersaucer way sooner than Isaac did. I can only imagine the next few months ahead.

Danae seems to get busier by the day. Mom at all hours of the day and night, wife, cook, maid, Jr. High Youth group leader, worship cordinator at church, violin lesson teacher, entertainer...I can hardly keep up with her schedule. If it wasn't for her organizational skills, I would be lost (and hungry and probably naked!).

And then me. Teaching, being Dad and husband, being an "I should probably do more around the house man." And then I go and add being the assistant varsity girls basketball coach.

I know God created each day to be 24 hours. Sometimes I wish it was longer.

Life just gets too busy.

4 comments:

Mark Leonard said...

Yeah, I like Blogger a lot better than Xanga. This will be much easier and includes more features.

Denise Nordhagen said...

Hey, thanks for sharing your blog with us!
More pictures, please!!!
I know what you mean about life being busy; I just told Beaver the other day, "This rat is getting tired of the race." So much running with the girls, but they are definitely worth it! :)
Glad you are loving Escondido!
We love and miss you!
Denise

glimmerofhope said...

It's good to see that you've joined the blogging community! "Life gets busy" - what a true statement. There always seems to be so many things going on that it can be hard to make time for what is truly important.

sarah roth

Jill said...

So, if you add more pictures, will there be a link to "photos?" I'm still trying to figure all of this out. Every blog site is a little different.